Crisp tortillas are layered with slices of creamy avocado and topped with a zesty crab salad to make the perfect appetizer or light meal.
- 453.59 g lump crabmeat
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml finely chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 59.14 ml lightly packed cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- salt and black pepper
- 8 flat tostadas (packaged or homemade fried or baked to crisp)
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro stem
- 2 limes, quartered
- Put the crabmeat in a bowl.
- Pick through it with your fingers to remove any cartilage.
- Add the oil, mayonnaise, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime zest and juice to the crabmeat.
- Using a rubber spatula or spoon, gently fold (or toss) all ingredients until well blended.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Top each tostada shell with a few slices of avocado, place a generous serving of the crabmeat mixture over it, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve each with a lime wedge.
- Another more casual option is to put the crabmeat mixture in a bowl or platter and serve the tortillas alongside, allowing your guests to make their own tostadas. In this case, dice the avocado and fold it into the crabmeat mixture.