1/1 Photo of Lump Crab Meat Tostadas
Crisp tortillas are layered with slices of creamy avocado and topped with a zesty crab salad to make the perfect appetizer or light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- salt and black pepper
- 8 flat tostadas (packaged or homemade fried or baked to crisp)
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2Put the crabmeat in a bowl.
- 3Pick through it with your fingers to remove any cartilage.
- 5Add the oil, mayonnaise, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime zest and juice to the crabmeat.
- 6Using a rubber spatula or spoon, gently fold (or toss) all ingredients until well blended.
- 7Season well with salt and pepper.
- 9Top each tostada shell with a few slices of avocado, place a generous serving of the crabmeat mixture over it, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve each with a lime wedge.
- 11Another more casual option is to put the crabmeat mixture in a bowl or platter and serve the tortillas alongside, allowing your guests to make their own tostadas. In this case, dice the avocado and fold it into the crabmeat mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lump Crab Meat Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 488.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: