Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp tortillas are layered with slices of creamy avocado and topped with a zesty crab salad to make the perfect appetizer or light meal.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- salt and black pepper
- 8 flat tostadas (packaged or homemade fried or baked to crisp)
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro stem
- 2 limes, quartered
- Put the crabmeat in a bowl.
- Pick through it with your fingers to remove any cartilage.
- Add the oil, mayonnaise, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime zest and juice to the crabmeat.
- Using a rubber spatula or spoon, gently fold (or toss) all ingredients until well blended.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Top each tostada shell with a few slices of avocado, place a generous serving of the crabmeat mixture over it, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve each with a lime wedge.
- Another more casual option is to put the crabmeat mixture in a bowl or platter and serve the tortillas alongside, allowing your guests to make their own tostadas. In this case, dice the avocado and fold it into the crabmeat mixture.
Light, tasty and easy!
This was pretty tasty ... kind of like a fish taco. I used less then 1/2 jalapeno because my dd was eating this too. I think this would be good with other cooked fish, too. Thanks!