Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty omelet for a big appetite.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cooked potato
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Make the filling: in a small nonstick skillet over med-high heat, melt the butter; add in potatoes, green onions, and ham; stir/sauté about 10 minutes, until potatoes are browned.
- Make the omelet: in a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, and pepper together.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in butter; swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Let set until edges begin to cook, about 20 seconds.
- Using a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip skillet to let the uncooked egg mixture flow underneath; continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon ½ cup filling mixture over one half of the omelet; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Fold the other side over to cover.
- Let stand for a few minutes; turn out onto a warmed plate; serve immediately.