Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A home-style spicy breakfast dish made with a combination of andouille sausage, potatoes, bacon, corn and onions. A cast iron skillet browns it the best. From Midwest living magazine.
- 2 slices bacon
- 3 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1/2 in. strips
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb cooked smoked andouille sausages or 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 in. slices
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- In a very large skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
- Remove bacon, reserving bacon drippings in skillet.
- Drain the bacon on paper towel. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and the onion.
- Sprinkle with salt, cayenne and black pepper. Cook and stir 8 minutes more.
- Add the sausage and the corn. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and brown.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon.