Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Crazy Sista Cooking
Make and share this Lulu's Perfect Fried Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 4 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 lbs peeled deveined shrimp
- 6 cups peanut oil or 6 cups vegetable oil, enough to fill a skillet 2 inches deep
- Mix all ingredients for the creole seasoning together and store any extra in an air tight container.
- Combine all the ingredients for the frying flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Place milk in a separate bowl. Heat oil to 355 degrees F. Working with a few shrimp at a time , dredge in the flour, dip in milk, then dredge through flour again.
- Gently drop in hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Work in batches and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.