Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Here's a recipe for the famous dip served at Lulu Buffett's restaurant in Mobile and Gulf Shores,Alabama. I found the recipe online somehow, and I'm really glad I did. It tastes fantastic and is really simple to make.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- Combine black-eyed peas, onion, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, vinegar, oil and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 12 to 24 hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
This is SO GOOD. We can't stop eating it, and even my picky teenager likes it. Thank you so much for posting!
This is excellent anyway you decide to eat it. Just gets better and better. Problem is it doesn't last that long!
Super good, super healthy and very filling. A definate keeper, I loved everything about it. Thanks for posting.