Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from her "Crazy Sista Cooking" book. She is Jimmy Buffett's sister. I know there a gazillion jerk recipes on here but I like this one because it's so simple, I always have the ingredients on hand, you only need 2 measuring spoons, and it keeps well. I usually leave out the orange and lemon peel granules and it's still great. I've baked, grilled and kabobed (I think I just made a new word) chicken with this. This is great served with a cucumber sauce too.
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml granulated onion or 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml ground thyme (I like dried thyme)
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 0.25 ml orange peel, granules
- 0.25 ml lemon peel, granules
- Combine all ingredients. Store in air tight container.
Exactly what I needed for a recipe calling for jerk seasoning. I had all the ingredients on hand, and I liked that it was hotter than commercial jerk seasoning.