Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from her "Crazy Sista Cooking" book. She is Jimmy Buffett's sister. I know there a gazillion jerk recipes on here but I like this one because it's so simple, I always have the ingredients on hand, you only need 2 measuring spoons, and it keeps well. I usually leave out the orange and lemon peel granules and it's still great. I've baked, grilled and kabobed (I think I just made a new word) chicken with this. This is great served with a cucumber sauce too.
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme (I like dried thyme)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pinch orange peel, granules
- 1 pinch lemon peel, granules
- Combine all ingredients. Store in air tight container.
Exactly what I needed for a recipe calling for jerk seasoning. I had all the ingredients on hand, and I liked that it was hotter than commercial jerk seasoning.