Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
We go to Gulf Shores Al and found this recipe at Lulu's--she shares it with all.
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 5 large green tomatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- Combine flour and Creole seasoning in a large bag.
- Combine buttermilk and milk in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to a large heavy skillet to a dept of 1 inch.
- Dredge tomato slices in flour mixture, dip in milk mixture and dredge again in flour mixture.
- Fry 1 minute on each side and drain on a paper towel.
- To make sauce, mix all ingredients together for dipping.