- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
- 1360.77 g beef roast, fat trimmed
- 118.29 ml water
- 28.34 g package au jus mix
- 0.59 ml seasoned pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion in crock pot.
- Place meat on top of onion.
- In a small bowl, stir water, au jus mix and seasoned pepper until blended.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on High for 5 to 6 hours; or on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or until tender.
- Remove meat from liquid.
- Let stand for five minutes before thinly slicing across grain.
- Strain liquid and make gravy.