Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the tastiest roast beef I've ever made...and so easy!
Make and share this Lulu's French Dip Roast (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- Place onion in crock pot.
- Place meat on top of onion.
- In a small bowl, stir water, au jus mix and seasoned pepper until blended.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on High for 5 to 6 hours; or on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or until tender.
- Remove meat from liquid.
- Let stand for five minutes before thinly slicing across grain.
- Strain liquid and make gravy.
Love roast beef and it is a wise mammal that knows its place in the grand scheme of things. Used Homemade Au Jus with good results.
My family really liked this, I was the only dissenting vote because I thought the au jus seasoning was too salty. The beef (pot roast) held its shape and was tender enough to cut thinly. Thanks.
Great recipe! Easy and it tasted wonderful...I added some small red potatos and baby carrots the last hour and it was a great dinner....the meat was so tender and juicy..