Recipe by Redsie
From Boston Globe. Looks yummy!
Top Review by Ppaperdoll
Made this for newest 'Zaar tag. The whole family gave it two thumbs up and 5 stars. I did have to improvise a little as I only had half a cup of pineapple, so I made up the difference with a half cup of raisins. I used paper cases, and as the dough is a little on the oily side I would recommend foil ones instead as the paper ones turned translusent. Having said that, the cakes themselves didn't seem greasy, so I wouldn't change anything ingredient-wise. As for the frosting, it too was very yummy. The recipe made far more than 12 cupcakes worth though, so next time I'd halve the recipe, or use the rest for something else. The directions were very easy to follow. I will definitely save this one. It's perfect autumnal baking! Thanks Redsie!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Have on hand a muffin tin and line it with pleated paper or foil baking cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the oil and mix until incorporated. Using a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until incorporated, then fold in carrots, walnuts, and pineapple. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack before frosting.
- For the frosting:.
- In a small bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth, Add sugar, milk, and vanilla and beat another 5 minutes or until very fluffy.