Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have cooked this FOREVER. Everyone has a go-to recipe for nights when they get home late from work, kids have practice or a ton of homework, or whatever else throws a wrench in dinner plans. This is mine. I can throw it together in the blink of an eye. I could give my husband directions on how to make it over the phone, from memory. It doubles and triples well. It can be frozen. If I froze this, I would just make a big batch of the sauce and freeze it, and boil fresh noodles when the time came to eat this from your freezer stash. I like this with garlic toast and a nice salad.
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Place in stewer.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms to ground beef. Mix well. Simmer until hot.
- While ground beef is browning, boil pasta as indicated on packaging.
- Serve sauce over noodles.
We really enjoyed this quick and easy spaghetti sauce. I followed the directions exactly as written. I used penne pasta instead of spaghetti noodles. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2011.