Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from a free sleep kit I got from Tylenol PM. Under the recipe it said "between the bananas, whole wheat and honeyed touch of sweetness, these muffins are practically an edible lullaby." And for someone having trouble sleeping they've been a welcome addition to my nightly sleep tea or glass of milk....Night Night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I did add some cinnamon and a light sprinkle of chopped walnuts on top.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl combine flour (make sure it's whole-wheat pastry), salt and baking powder.
- In blender, puree the bananas; add the applesauce, honey and milk, blend well.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stil til just moist.
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups, pour in batter.
- Bake 30 minutes or til tops are light brown and slightly springy.
I saw this recipe on yahoo and immediately went to zaar to see if it was posted. thanks for posting, these little gems are really good. I added blueberries to them just for added taste. Thanks.