1/5 Photos of Luleh Kebabs- Persian Ground Lamb Kebabs
Sue Lau's Note:
A traditional Middle Eastern dish. Try this with half beef and half lamb for a more Armenian taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 20-30 minutes prior to preparing food.
- 2Place meat in a large bowl; add the onion, egg, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- 3Beat with a spoon until well mixed and the meat turns lighter in color.
- 4Take a handful of the mixture and form it around the skewer to approximately 6" long and 1" in diameter to make an elongated patty (it helps to oil hands, and lay out some wax paper to work on). If your meat is too wet to work with, as sometimes happens with too much onion or wet meat, it can help to just shape the kebabs on a piece of non-stick foil and grill them that way, on the foil, turning the kebab over as it cooks and comes together.
- 5Set kebabs aside on wax paper on another plate until ready to grill.
- 6Grill kebabs over hot coals or under broiler until cooked through, turning once.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges, and chelou (rice) with a sprinkling of sumak seasoning (optional).
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luleh Kebabs- Persian Ground Lamb Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.1
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 889.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 27.6 g