A traditional Middle Eastern dish. Try this with half beef and half lamb for a more Armenian taste.
Make and share this Luleh Kebabs- Persian Ground Lamb Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 20-30 minutes prior to preparing food.
- Place meat in a large bowl; add the onion, egg, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Beat with a spoon until well mixed and the meat turns lighter in color.
- Take a handful of the mixture and form it around the skewer to approximately 6" long and 1" in diameter to make an elongated patty (it helps to oil hands, and lay out some wax paper to work on). If your meat is too wet to work with, as sometimes happens with too much onion or wet meat, it can help to just shape the kebabs on a piece of non-stick foil and grill them that way, on the foil, turning the kebab over as it cooks and comes together.
- Set kebabs aside on wax paper on another plate until ready to grill.
- Grill kebabs over hot coals or under broiler until cooked through, turning once.
- Serve with lemon wedges, and chelou (rice) with a sprinkling of sumak seasoning (optional).