Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a wonderful cookbook called "The World of Jewish Cooking." I've changed a few ingredients to make it almost exactly like the kugel my Polish grandmother used to make.
- 8 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (if you can find it, pot cheese is more authentic) or 8 ounces pot cheese (if you can find it, pot cheese is more authentic)
- 1 cup sour cream or 4 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cook noodles until tender, drain.
- Put noodles in a large bowl, add the butter, and stir until butter is melted.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in the ricotta and sour cream or cream cheese. Stir into the noodles and add the raisins.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.