Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We enjoy these for a quick lunch for the kids and they just love them. You can experiment with a variety of toppings or set everything out and let the kids dive in and top their own. They will have a great time. We usually just make them as instructed below and they are delicious. My husband also makes this on leftover hamburger or kaiser buns instead of the bagel.
- 3 bagels, cut in halves (can use any kind you desire)
- 1 (213 ml) can pizza sauce
- 6 slices pepperoni (thin slices) or 6 slices salami (thin slices)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cut the bagels in half and lay on a baking sheet.
- On top of each bagel spread on pizza sauce, making sure to cover all spots.
- Top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Put in oven at 375 degrees and bake approximately 10 minutes or until cheese and meat are bubbly.
Thank you for posting this recipe. Nice and easy! And I have a son named Luke, too. :)
These are good as what you put on them! I used leftover sauce, pepperoni and topped with cheese and lots of herbs. I did put the bagels under the broiler to toast then topped and baked. This is a great appetizer for kids both big and small.
Extrememly yummy! I make these for dinner about once every other week. If you want the bagels crispy, try toasting the bagels beforehand.