Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious dessert was created by our wonderfully creative 11-year-old son, although it is more of an "adult" dessert, he says. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think! We are curious to find out what rating you feel it deserves!
- 1 large burrito-size flour tortilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons Cool Whip
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 bananas, sliced or 1 cup strawberries or 1 cup blueberries or 1 cup fruit
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Put butter on tortilla -- lots of butter on both sides.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on both sides.
- Put a pan on the stove temperature medium. Put the tortilla on the stove and flip it until crispy on both sides (3-4 minutes, keep a close eye on this!.) While doing this be melting chocolate in a pot.
- Once crispy, take the tortilla off the stove and put cool whip in the middle of the tortilla. Fold both sides over the cool whip and use the chocolate to make it stick together, put more chocolate on top.
- Cut up fruit and put it on top of the chocolate.
- Then put a little bit of honey over it and it is ready.
- Serve hot and cut up. Serves about four people.
WOW! This is superb and very rich! I used only 2 T. of butter, 1/2 T. cinnamon, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. We used bananas, but I'm sure this would be great with other fruit or a mixture. It was definitely as Charishma said "heaven on a tortilla"!! This recipe made it into our book#179809!
This really was a wonderful dessert....my family LOVED it! We used bananas for the fruitful part, and my DD "forgot" to melt the choc. chips, but there were NO complaints at all, so I don't think it was a problem. *Made for PAC Autumn 07*
Did somebody say, "Heaven on a tortilla"? Well here it is for the third time- "Heaven on a tortilla"! Your son is so talented to come up with something like this. I used banna's too, but I have some strawberries waiting for tomorrow! This was easy to make and really satisfies a dessert fix, a chocolate fix, and a sugar fix. Thank you Lantana and thanks to your creative son! Tell him to come up with some more winners! :)