Recipe by CookingMonster
My husband is by no means a cook. But he can make killer spaghetti sauce. When we were first dating, he impressed me by cooking me dinner one evening, and it was the most delisious spaghetti sauce I have ever had. We now omit the jalopeno peppers, because our kids find it a little hot, but it is very good without too.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 1 (350 g) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce (he uses Catelli)
- cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, until no pink remains.
- Drain off fat and place into crockpot.
- In a smaller fry pan, saute together in olive oil, green pepper, onion, and garlic together, until tendercrisp (just to meld the flavors together).
- Add to crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir together.
- Put lid on slow cooker and turn on low.
- Let cook for 6 to 8 hours, and serve over warm spaghetti and serve with garlic toast.