Recipe by roja khan
Serve with grated white radish, poodinay ki chutney, imli ki chutney and plain yogurt..
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash daal in a few changes of water.Then soak in plenty of water for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Drain daal and place in a blender or food processor with little water and grind to a paste.Add more water to ease grinning.
- Transfer daal paste to a bowl,add bicarbonate of soda and salt.Mix well with hands for about 3 minutes.This will incorporate more air and will make the paste lighter in texture.Add little more water,if the better is too thick. (The consistency of better should be like thick pakora better.) Keep it aside for 30 minutes.Heat oil in a karahi or frying pan over medium- high heat.
- Carefully drop about 1 tablespoon of paste into hot oil.Fry few at a time to a golden color,turning once or twice during frying.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on absorbent kitchen towels.Transfer ludoo to a serving plate.