My Daddy's personal favourite, and one of mine to. If you have never tried them, you really are missing out big time
- grease 23cm square slab pan.
- beat eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- gradually beat in sugar, dissolving between batches.
- fold in triple-sifted flours.
- spread mixture into prepared pan.
- bake in moderate oven about 30 minutes.
- turn onto wire rack to cool.
- (this cake is easy to handle if it is a litle stale, day old cake is ideal).
- cut cake into 16 squares.
- dip squares into icing, drain off excess icing.
- toss squares in coconut and cover.
- place on wire rack to set.
- sift icing sugar and cocoa into heatproof bowl.
- stir in butter and milk.
- stir over pan of simmering water until icing in of coating consistency.
- store in airtight container, can freeze but do not microwave.