1/3 Photos of Lucy's Lamingtons
Perfect Pixie's Note:
My Daddy's personal favourite, and one of mine to. If you have never tried them, you really are missing out big time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cups coconut, approximately
- 1grease 23cm square slab pan.
- 2beat eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- 3gradually beat in sugar, dissolving between batches.
- 4fold in triple-sifted flours.
- 5spread mixture into prepared pan.
- 6bake in moderate oven about 30 minutes.
- 7turn onto wire rack to cool.
- 8(this cake is easy to handle if it is a litle stale, day old cake is ideal).
- 9cut cake into 16 squares.
- 10dip squares into icing, drain off excess icing.
- 11toss squares in coconut and cover.
- 12place on wire rack to set.
- 14sift icing sugar and cocoa into heatproof bowl.
- 15stir in butter and milk.
- 16stir over pan of simmering water until icing in of coating consistency.
- 17store in airtight container, can freeze but do not microwave.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucy's Lamingtons
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g