Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Simple & delicious.......from Lucy in NC
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew beef chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1 " pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Layer vegetables on bottom of crock pot.
- Add 1 bay leaf.
- sprinkle salt, pepper, sugar & tapioca on mixture.
- place bay leaf on vegetables.
- add the beef.
- pour can of stewed tomatoes on top of ingrediants.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours, depending on how you like your vegetables (firm or soft).
- an hour before serving add some white
- pearl onions.