Recipe by pines506
I don't know who Lucy is, but I love this cake. It is nice, light and citrusy.
Top Review by bullwinkle
This was a very moist coffeecake with a slight orange flavor. My orange didn't have a very orange scent when I was zesting it which might have been the reason for the light orange flavor. Very easy to make. Thanks pines506. Bullwinkle.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 grated orange, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture of the crumb topping.
- In a seaprate bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in milk, vanilla and orange peel until well-mixed.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Turn batter into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Batter will be runny.
- Top with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until tester comes otu clean.
- Serve warm or cold.