Recipe by digifoo
I needed a sausage that was WW Core friendly and good for spaghetti. Here's what I came up.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a big freezer bag. Let it hang out, sealed, in the fridge a bit (a day is great -- 1/2 hour is more what happens in our house though).
- Use the sausage as needed for patties or spaghetti sauce or lasagna.
- To cook as patties:.
- Divide into 12 pieces and make the patties.
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray with spray. Cook sausage about 5 minutes each side.