Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lasagna that fits WW Core. I don't normally list brand names but sometimes that makes a difference when you're doing fat-free cheese or certain sauces. The only difference my family saw between this and my 13 point a slice lasagna (so not core it's crazy) is turkey and whole-wheat noodles. They raved even with that.
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 7 ounces soy mozzarella cheese (Galaxy Foods Veggie Shreds, green package)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese (Galaxy Foods Veggie Shreds, Parmesan, Mozzarella & Romano Blend)
- 12 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 lb lucy lu's turkey sausage (I use Lucy Lu's Spicy Turkey Sausage on Recipezaar)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
- 6 ounces Italian-style tomato paste (Kroger's)
- 8 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, cook meat, onions and garlic until brown and onions are soft. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, oregano, salt.
- Blend cottage cheese, Parmesan and egg until smooth in a bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 11x7 baking dish. Cover sauce with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with 1/3 of remaining sauce. Top with half the mozzarella. Place another layer of noodles and one of sauce over the mozzarella; top that with the cottage cheese mixture. Top with last 3 noodles and remainder of the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Then sprinkle last of the mozzarella on top and bake 15 minutes more.