Recipe by Rhonda O
This is a recipe from a book My Aunt Debbie gave me. The Treasury of White Trash Cooking. It does not say what size casserole dish to use. Or How many servings it makes. You decide.
Top Review by Manda
This is a wonderful casserole!! It is so great to be able to prep. the day before! I served with cooked broccoli, and a fresh green salad. The family loved it! Thanks! This is going in my "favorites" box for sure!! ~Manda
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the stuffing mix, water, and butter together.
- Put half of the mix into a casserole dish.
- Now, mix the chicken, onion, celery, and mayonnaise together.
- Sprinkle with salt and pour it in the dish, on top of the bread mixture.
- Now combine the rest of the stuffing mixture with the eggs and milk and pour on top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Take out casserole 1 hour before baking and spread chicken soup over the top.
- Bake this uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Now, remove the casserole from the oven and coat the top heavily with your grated cheese.
- Put it bake in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.