Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
This is a very simple recipe that you can make with ingredients you most likely have on hand. Full of fiber and nutrients, yet low in calories and saturated fat and carbs, you will feel full after a serving of this. Use a stir-fry or wok pan and also use cashews that are salted and roasted so that you don't have to add much seasoning. The sodium level will still be low.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup cashews, salted
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 15 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 -5 dashes pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring oil to medium heat and add onions. Saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Add Cashews and stir occasionally for 5 minutes to slightly brown the nuts before adding the mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms for 5-8 minutes.
- Add Celery last and cook for 5- minutes depending on how tender you want the celery.
- For more protein add chicken. Keep the calorie portion low by skipping on the rice.