Recipe by Chef MB
To get the kids to try black-eyed peas on New Year's Day, we told them this was a bowl of luck. I don't think they believed us, but they did like the salad.
- 4 cups black-eyed peas, cooked, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vegetables--except the tomatoes-- in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the oil, wine and seasonings, stirring till sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix well, and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Just before serving, add the tomatoes and stir everything together again.