Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom used to make these on St. Patrick's Day. We sometimes blended them (which, when blended, they look like a milkshake). We usually had these as a treat every St. Patrick's Day, instead of the usual root beer float.
- 2 scoops lime sherbet
- 8 -12 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Add 1 to 2 drops green food coloring into a tall mug or parfait glass.
- Add the scoops of sherbet.
- Slowly pour about soda over the sherbet until it almost reaches the top. Leave a little room at the top of the glass for the froth of the sherbet as it begins rise to the top.
Wow! This was so good. Made as written and loved it. Never thought about using sherbet in a float. This is my new fav. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
Went like water down a drainpipe during a flash flood. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
So often, simple is still the best. Made this for dessert yesterday. Sooo St. Patrick's Day! Thnx, as always, for sharing your recipe. Made for PRMR recipe tag game.