Recipe by VER(Sachi)
This meal is great for when it gets cold and you need a warm meal that will keep you full for hours with lots of fiber and protein!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very good and very easy to make. No fancy ingredients, just things you probably always have on hand. I made this as written. I decided not to serve it over rice and just enjoy it as is in a bowl. Fresh cilantro or parsley would be a great garnish for this. Thanx for sharing.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons oil (veg. or olive is fine)
- 2 celery ribs (sliced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bouillon cube
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over a medium flame.
- Once oil is hot add your onions and garlic and saute until onions carmeilize (4min).
- Add your cumin, celery and carrots cover and saute stirring occasionly (8-10min).
- In a large pot add water, bay leaf, and bouillon cube.
- Once water comes to a boil add your sauteed veggies, the can of tomatoes, and your lentils.
- Turn flame down to low cover your pot and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentis are cooked through, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Server over rice or enjoy alone.
- Bon Apetite.