1 hr 10 mins
I found a basic recipe for fortune cookies in Women's World Magazine, and tweaked it a bit for a new take on this classic treat. Think of clever fortunes such as: "Shame on you for thinking a cookie is psychic", "Error 404: Fortune not found", etc. Add sprinkles, ground coconut, pipe different icing designs if you like, be creative & have fun! Put them in a fancy take-out container, and they will make a thoughtful gift. You could even add food coloring for a wedding or baby-shower theme =^_^=.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 22 pieces paper (4' x 1/2')
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder (usually comes in a can)
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons melted & cooled butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- plastic cups (3 oz.)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages melted white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or whichever oil you prefer baking with)
- 1With a marker, write a sentiment on each strip of paper.
- 2Pre-heat Oven to 350'F.
- 3Generously coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 4Whisk together: Flour, sugar, cornstarch, Matcha, egg whites, butter & All-Spice powder.
- 5Making 2 cookies at a time: Drop batter by 1 tablespoons per cookie, about 4' inches apart, onto baking sheet.
- 6Using back of spoon, spread batter in 3 1/2' inch rounds.
- 7Bake 5 minutes or until browned.
- 8Shaping the Fortune Cookies:.
- 9Cover palm of hand with folded kitchen towel.
- 10With large spatula, flip hot cookie over onto towel.
- 11Working quickly, place fortune paper in the center of cookie and fold in half. (If any cookies cool and become too firm, pop back into oven for about 30 seconds just until softened).
- 12Place Thumb in center and immediatley bend in the corners around your thumb as if the edges are almost touching.
- 13Place cookie, tips facing down, into plastic cup to cool, about 15 minutes.
- 14Repeat baking & shaping remaining cookies, two at a time.
- 15Green Tea coating:.
- 16Line 2 jellyroll pans with wax paper.
- 17Using a double-boiler on low heat, Stir 1/2 Tbsp Matcha into Coconut Oil & white chocolate chips until melted.
- 18Dip half of each cookie into chocolate as desired, letting excess drip off.
- 19Transfer to Jellyroll pan & refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucky Green Tea Dipped Fortune Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 63.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matcha green tea powder
Chinese five spice powder