12 hrs 30 mins
A no-meat bean chili sure to bring good luck in the New Year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, with juices
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 -4 whole cloves, to your taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine the first 10 ingredients in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW 8-12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2During the last hour, stir in the cilantro and season to taste with salt.
- 3The longer you let it simmer, the better it gets, within reason.
- 4Serve in chili bowls with toppings.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucky Chili
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 602.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.7 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: