Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A no-meat bean chili sure to bring good luck in the New Year.
Make and share this Lucky Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, with juices
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 -4 whole cloves, to your taste
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- chunky mango and tomato salsa
- cubed avocado
- sour cream
- shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW 8-12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- During the last hour, stir in the cilantro and season to taste with salt.
- The longer you let it simmer, the better it gets, within reason.
- Serve in chili bowls with toppings.