Recipe by RZ1234
Made with just 7 ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen! Sweet and tangy, you can get a little fake BBQ going in your oven with this at the last minute. I mixed this up at the last minute for some chicken pieces we were reheating and was handed a pen and paper afterward to force me to write it down. It's just enough for one cut up chicken. Fabulous with meatballs too, but you might need to double or triple the recipe.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
This was very tangy and easy to make. I doubled it and used it for mini hot dogs on New Year's Eve. This was the first time I'd made homemade BBQ sauce- thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning, OBQ brand BBQ seasoning rub
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and brush on your favorite meat near the end of its cooking. When the sauce starts bubbling it will have carmelized enough to be sticky and sweet. You don't really even have to measure, it's very easy to eyeball.
- OBQ, or Obie-Cue seasoning is a BBQ seasong rub. It's mostly salt, pepper, powdered onion, and powdered Worcestershire sauce. To substitute for it just add a dash of salt and pepper, a pinch of onion powder or dehydrated onions, and a dash more Worcestershire, or substitute your own favorite BBQ seasoning rub.
- The raw sugar gives it just a hint of molasses. You could substitute half white sugar and half brown sugar or white sugar and a few drops of molasses to get a similar taste.