Miss Annie's Note:
A recipe from the Lucky 32 restaurant chain in North Carolina and is one of their most requested recipes. Though Lucky 32 makes these cakes with Tabasco brand hot-pepper sauces, other brands of hot sauce may be substituted, and just one type of hot sauce may be used instead of two with similar results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/4 red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
Tortilla Chip Breading
- 1Rinse black beans in cold water.
- 2Drain well in a colander for at least 10 minutes.
- 3Place beans and all other ingredients except Tortilla Chip Breading in a mixing bowl.
- 4Blend well with hands, mashing some of the beans to form a thick mixture.
- 5Form mixture into 3-ounce patties.
- 6Dredge each patty in Tortilla Chip Breading and set aside.
- 7Spray a large skillet with cooking spray or add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- 8Saute bean cakes in hot skillet, turning once when bottom are golden brown.
- 9Serve with condiments of choice, such as salsa and sour cream.
- 10For Tortilla Chip Breading, place all ingredients in a food processor and process to a crumb consistency.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucky 32 Black Bean Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 606.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 33.2 g