1/4 Photos of Lucky #13 Spring Rolls With Pineapple Dipping Sauce
These little bites of heaven are full of veggies and, oh, so tasty. The dipping sauce is sweet yet with a hint of fire. These are way better than take out, and you can control the salt and the fire! Created for RSC#13 contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 14 egg roll wraps
- 2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 5 green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1Mix pork and broccoli slaw in large mixing bowl. I find it easy to mix using my hands.
- 2Dice green onions (white and greens).
- 3Finely dice cilantro and garlic.
- 4For the onions, cilantro and garlic, I use a mini-food chopper. I t makes it a fine dice.
- 5Add soy, salt and pepper.
- 6Heat oil to medium in a large skillet (or you can bake spring rolls in the oven. Spray each side with cooking spray, place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes until golden. Turn once. Check pork inside spring roll for doneness).
- 7Place about 2 T of meat mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper.
- 8Fold in bottom, fold in each side, and bring the top down envelope style. Dip your fingertips in water to seal edges.
- 9The egg roll wrapper package will have further instructions for folding.
- 10Keep unused wrappers under a damp paper towel while working or they may dry out.
- 11This makes about 14-18 spring rolls depending on how much meat you have added.
- 12Place 4 spring rolls in hot oil.
- 13Cook about 4 minutes per side watching them carefully. Do not burn.
- 14Drain on paper towels. Check inside one spring roll for doneness of meat.
- 15For sauce:.
- 16Drain pineapple well. reserve juice for another use.
- 17Using a food processor or mini-chopper, chop pineapple with cilantro.
- 18Add jalapeno and chop. I use seeds and all. If you don’t want much heat, take the seeds out.
- 19Add hot sauce ( I use Sriracha) and honey.
- 20Serve with spring rolls and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucky #13 Spring Rolls With Pineapple Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.6
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 533.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g