Recipe by Cindy W.
Great for St. Patrick's Day celebrations! This is an old recipe from Hershey's Cocoa. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by NewEnglandCook
Perfect for a St Paddy's Day party.
It turned out great and was a huge it. So green and the mint was perfect w/ the chocolate.
Just a note- be sure that the cool whip is completely thawed.
I also used Hershey's special dark cocoa and an Oreo pie crust.
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (I recommend Hershey's Chocolate Crumb Crust)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 cups frozen non-dairy topping, thawed (about 12 oz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract (can use up to .5 teaspoon)
- green food coloring
- mint leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Chocolate Cookie Crumb Crust (for a homemade version try Recipe #353150).
- In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended.
- Add cocoa alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Gradually fold in 3 cups whipped topping; spoon mixture over crumb crust.
- In small bowl stir together remaining 2 cups whipped topping, mint extract and food color; spread over chocolate layer.
- Cover. Chill about 6 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.