Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great for St. Patrick's Day celebrations! This is an old recipe from Hershey's Cocoa. Cook time is chill time.
- Prepare Chocolate Cookie Crumb Crust (for a homemade version try Recipe #353150).
- In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended.
- Add cocoa alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Gradually fold in 3 cups whipped topping; spoon mixture over crumb crust.
- In small bowl stir together remaining 2 cups whipped topping, mint extract and food color; spread over chocolate layer.
- Cover. Chill about 6 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Perfect for a St Paddy's Day party.
It turned out great and was a huge it. So green and the mint was perfect w/ the chocolate.
Just a note- be sure that the cool whip is completely thawed.
I also used Hershey's special dark cocoa and an Oreo pie crust.
I can't even begin to express how yum-a-licious this was. Awesome, wonderful, crazy good. And to beat it all, it was super easy. I paired it up with your Hershey's Chocolate Crumb Crust and it turned out perfect! Thanks. :-) Made for Fall '09 PAC.
5 stars all the way. I didn't have any green food coloring. I had little pie tins with grahm cracker already in them, so I used these, so everyone would have their own little one. I added chocolate chips to the top for color. I also used a sugar sub instead of regular sugar. This was very tasty and I will be making again with the green food coloring. Made for the Photo Tag March 2009.