Recipe by Oolala
Created by football analyst, world championship quarterback and restaurateur Joe Theismann on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal, September 2007. I found it in NJ Family Magazine on their website.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 rack of lamb, cut into 8 chops
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 2 cups plain yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- of fresh mint, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spices in small bowl and rub half over lamb chops. Turn over lamb chops and rub in other half of spice mix.
- Prepare charcoal grill and place each chop directly over hot charcoal. Grill 4 minutes; turn each over and grill another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest. Squeeze lime juice over chops and serve with dipping sauce.
- To make dipping sauce, combine yogurt, mint and dip mix and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place a dollop of dip on each plate of lamb chops. Garnish with chopped fresh mint.