Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Lucille's Roadhouse, Weatherford, Oklahoma
Make and share this Lucille's Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, halved
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless beef rump roast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- Combine onions, potatoes, and carrots in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place roast over vegetables in slow cooker.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over roast.
- Combine broth and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour broth mixture over roast (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour; decrease heat to LOW and cook 8 hours or until roast is tender.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; cut into large chunks, if desired.