Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I don't know who Lucille B was (probably one of my mom's bridge cronies), but her salad is very good. I often make the cranberry version on Thanksgiving.
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfrozen red raspberries (about 2 cups) or 1 (10 ounce) bagfrozen cranberry sauce, thawed (Ocean Spray is one brand)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesred raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate (for raspberry) or 1 (6 ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed (for cranberry)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- If using raspberries, drain, reserving syrup.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in ice cream by spoonfuls, stirring until melted.
- Stir in thawed lemonade and syrup.
- Refrigerate until partially set.
- Stir in berries and nuts.
- Pour into 6 cups gelatin mold and refrigerate until set.
- If using cranberries, proceed as above, but add frozen cranberry relish with lemonade.
- Stir in nuts when partially set.