Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
To quote my sister in law: "how did you make them? My son says yours are better than mine." Out of the mouth of a nine year old who hates hamburgers. These stay very moist. Been making them since I was in my teens. Not low fat.
- 3 lbs beef
- 1⁄2 lb veal kidney fat or 1⁄2 lb beef suet
- 4 slices white bread, soaked in water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix the meat and the fat. Squeeze as much water as you can out of the bread.
- Add to the meat and mix smoothly. Add the seasoning and eggs. Combine well.
- Shape into large patties. Broil or cook in a little hot fat in a pan until brown and done.
- There should be NO pink showing in the burger.
Though I didn't have any veal kidney fat or beef suet, and I made it with ground turkey, this was very good! I'll make this again, but probably with a little less nutmeg. Thanks for posting!