Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from their 50th Anniversary Cookbook.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- sweetened whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 13x9” baking pan.
- For cake, in large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and cocoa until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour, pecans, and vanilla. Mix just until blended. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- For icing, combine butter, sugar, marshmallows, cocoa, and milk in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat just until marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. Drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle with pecans and cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.