I got these from Luby's 50th Anniversary cookbook. Filled with raisins, pecans, and miniature marshmallows which melt during baking, these buttery-sweet cinnamon rolls are longtime favorites of our guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (110 F.)
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1For rolls, in large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add eggs and butter.
- 3Using dough hook of electric mixer, beat on medium speed until well blended.
- 4Add sugar, dry milk, and salt. Mix well.
- 5Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until dough begins to pull away from side of bowl.
- 6Lightly grease top of dough with oil.
- 7Cover loosely and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 8Lightly grease baking sheet.
- 9Punch dough down.
- 10Roll out on lightly floured surface to form 10 ½ x 8” rectangle.
- 11For filling, spread butter over dough.
- 12Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- 13Sprinkle with raisins, pecans, and marshmallows.
- 14Roll up tightly starting at long edge. Pinch dough to seal seam.
- 15Cut into 1 ½” pieces.
- 16Place cut sides up on baking sheet.
- 17Let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- 18Heat oven to 350°F
- 19Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- 20For icing, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- 21Spread over rolls.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luby's Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (2202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.6
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 382.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 99.1 g
- Protein 18.1 g