Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
I got these from Luby's 50th Anniversary cookbook. Filled with raisins, pecans, and miniature marshmallows which melt during baking, these buttery-sweet cinnamon rolls are longtime favorites of our guests.
- 1 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (110 F.)
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- For rolls, in large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add eggs and butter.
- Using dough hook of electric mixer, beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sugar, dry milk, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing until dough begins to pull away from side of bowl.
- Lightly grease top of dough with oil.
- Cover loosely and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Punch dough down.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to form 10 ½ x 8” rectangle.
- For filling, spread butter over dough.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Sprinkle with raisins, pecans, and marshmallows.
- Roll up tightly starting at long edge. Pinch dough to seal seam.
- Cut into 1 ½” pieces.
- Place cut sides up on baking sheet.
- Let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- For icing, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over rolls.