- 4 cups apples, cubed (use a highly flavored variety such as Winesap or Granny Smith)
- 2 cups canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon walnuts or 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine apples and next three ingredients ingredients; toss lightly to coat evenly.
- In another bowl, whip cream at high speed with an electric mixer just until stiff peaks form, taking care not to overbeat. Blend in sugar and vanilla.
- Fold into fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish with walnuts.