Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A zinger from Luby's.
- 1 (26 ounce) canwhole jalapenos (well-drained, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon canned pimiento, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Whip the cream cheese together with the mayonnaise, chives, and pimientos.
- Whip together until smooth and fluffy.
- Pipe into jalapenos using a piping bag and tip OR cut the corner off a ziplock baggie.
- and store jalapenos in refrigerator.
This is delicious quick appetizer where you can easily keep the ingredients on hand to whip up in an instant. My guests enjoyed them to the max! Great with cocktails and crackers.
These are so easy to make, and are always a hit! They taste just like the ones from Luby's!
I've made these a few times and finally got around to posting a picture. They are great, and taste just like the ones at Luby's. Although I've had problems with my canned jalapenos being too hot- you can't eat but one or two at a time. I'm still trying to find a milder version of whole jalapenos in a can. Thanks for a great recipe Molly53.