Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A copy cat recipe. I haven't tried this one yet. Although at the 4-H District Speech Supper last year, one lady brought a salad similar to this one, but without the cucumbers in it. A person could change the kind of veggies, and probably half the recipe for your family.
- 1 lb spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- parsley (to garnish)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk together salad dressing, cheese, seeds, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers until well blended.
- Stir in cucumber, onion, and tomatoes.
- Pour over spaghetti and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Garnish with parsley.
This pasta salad is a hit! Everyone loves it! Great for a pot luck or a family dinner!
I make this salad quite often. It's delicious and very easy to make. It makes a lot, but will keep in fridge for days and it just gets better with age. Btw, it's not a copy cat recipe, It's straight from Luby's own cook book.