Recipe by mollypaul
From Luby's Cafeteria 50th Anniversary Cookbook. Luby's uses California Long White potatoes for potato salad which are not always available in supermarkets. Idaho potatoes make a suitable substitute
- 2 lbs idaho potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onions with top, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers or 3 tablespoons pimientos, diced
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, boil potatoes in enough water to cover for 30 minutes or until tender.
- and cool just enough to handle.
- Peel and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In large bowl, combine warm potatoes, pickles, celery, green onions, and red pepper.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper until well blended; pour over potato mixture and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.