Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Luby's Cafeteria 50th Anniversary Cookbook. Luby's uses California Long White potatoes for potato salad which are not always available in supermarkets. Idaho potatoes make a suitable substitute
- 2 lbs idaho potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onions with top, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers or 3 tablespoons pimientos, diced
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In large saucepan, boil potatoes in enough water to cover for 30 minutes or until tender.
- and cool just enough to handle.
- Peel and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In large bowl, combine warm potatoes, pickles, celery, green onions, and red pepper.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper until well blended; pour over potato mixture and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
This was a nice tasting potato salad. It tasted like the potato salad the school cafeteria served on hamburger day. Thanks Molly 53. Bullwinkle